Situated along East Beach, the park includes a shaded picnic area, a children’s playground, and plenty of available parking.
1350 Ocean Blvd.
St. Simons Island, GA 31522
• Beach access with ADA accessible mats
• Restroom facilities
• Picnic tables
Swimming Safety on St. Simons
• Lifeguards are present from Memorial Day to Labor Day, from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm daily at Coast Guard and Massengale beaches. SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK
• Rip currents are common. If caught in a rip current, do not fight it, swim parallel to the shore until you are free of the current.
• Do not swim to the visible sand bars. The tide changes quickly and will submerge the sandbar, stranding swimmers in deep water.
• View the NOAA tide charts for St. Simons Island.
• From Memorial Day to Labor Day, there is a Warning Flag system in place to notify visitors of hazardous conditions.
St. Simons Island Beach Rules
• Dogs are prohibited on the beach from the Saturday before Memorial Day through Labor Day between the hours of 9:00 am and 6:00 pm, except between Beach Access Points 1-6. During allowable times and in non-summer months, dogs are allowed on any portion of the beach but must be within close proximity and under the immediate control of the owner/handler. If handler is unable to control pet via voice-command, a 10′ leash is required. Owners must clean up after their pets.
• Vehicles are prohibited.
• Fires are prohibited, without a permit from the Glynn County Fire Dept.
• Glass and hard plastic containers are prohibited
Located on the north end of Jekyll Island, Driftwood beach will amaze you with the beautiful driftwood and trees that resemble a tree graveyard. This is due to the north end of the island slowly eroding away and being deposited on the south end of the island. Driftwood beach offers a wonderful location for photographs and is a very popular site for weddings.
N. Beachview Drive
Jekyll Island, GA 31527